Outdoor Sculpture Exhibition: Call For Proposals
Submissions need to include the following information:
· Up to 250 words, artist statement about the sculpture
· Artist’s biography or CV
· Size of the artwork, and material(s) used. It is advised that the artwork is of a size that it is not ‘lost’ in an outdoor setting and constructed of materials suitable for all weathers.
· Photos of the proposed finished artwork is recommended, otherwise photos of similar finished artworks
· Any technical requirements and installation instructions
Insurance will be covered by the Whangārei Art Trust.
Feel free to visit the Hundertwasser Art Centre to see the current sculptures and we look forward to receiving your proposals.
Please send submissions to email@example.com
With the subject line ‘Call for Proposals’
Submissions are due by 4pm on Friday 23rd February 2024.
We will aim to notify the outcome of your submission within four weeks of the closing date and can provide feedback if requested. All submissions received will be kept confidential.
In participating in this Outdoor Exhibition:
· Artists have an opportunity to display their art to a wider audience outside the confines of an Art Gallery.
· Each artwork will be installed with a panel with the name of the artwork and the name of the artists.
· There will be a brochure available at the Hundertwasser Art Centre Front of House. Information in the brochure will include a photograph of the installed artwork, name of the artwork, name of the artist, a short paragraph describing the artwork and possibly the artist’s contact details.
· Artworks will not be for sale.
· A contract, for the loan of the artwork, will be signed between the artist and the Hundertwasser Art Centre.
· The ‘loan period’ will be 12 months.
· Delivery costs to the site and delivery costs returning the artwork to the artist will be covered by the Hundertwasser Art Centre.
· The artist will be responsible for packaging of the artwork.
· Installation costs will be covered by the Hundertwasser Art Centre following installation instructions provided by the artist as part of their submission.
· All Works must be suitable for outdoors.
· All artists to be New Zealand based, representing a mixture of cultures.
· Emerging artists are also encouraged to apply.
· Any subject or form may be considered.